Belas Knap is an ancient long-barrow or Cotswold Severn Cairn from the Neolithic period (c.2000BC) located on Cleeve Hill near to the town of Winchcombe. Featuring five burial chambers, It’s well worth the somewhat difficult walk up the hill. It is considered an important site by both archaeologists and new age druids. It is where the enigmatic “round skull” was found along with 38 other skeletons.
Camping and Caravanning Club Site
Brooklands Farm, B4077 (Rd), Alderton, Nr Tewkesbury
Gloucestershire, England, GL20 8NX
+44 (0)1242 620 259
- Address: Corndean Lane, Winchcombe, Gloucestershire, England, United Kingdom, GL54 5AL
- GPS: 51.92746111,-1.970977778
- Part of UK: England
- Sat Nav Postcode: GL54 5AL
- Entrance Fees: Free Entry
- Disabled Access: Very Limited - long up hill climb from lower car parking area.
- Visibility from Road: None