Near Robertsbridge is Bodiam Castle. It was constructed in 1385 by Sir Edward Dalyngrigge to protect the region from French invasion. Considered one of the most picturesque castles in England it is also one of the finest examples of a moated military fortification. It is believed to be extremely haunted and many visitors have claimed to see the Red Lady of the Tower and heard spectral singing.
Camping and Caravanning Club Site
Coast Road, Normans Bay, Pevensey
East Sussex, England, BN24 6PR
+44 (0)1323 761 190
- Address: Main Street, Bodiam, East Sussex, England, United kingdom, TN32 5UA
- GPS: 51.00230833,-0.543491667
- Phone: 0044 (0)1580 830 196
- Part of UK: England
- Sat Nav Postcode: TN32 5UA
- Entrance Fees: Yes
- Disabled Access: Generally Very Good - Some paths are gravel.
- Visibility from Road: None